Saturday 12 September 2009

lemonade

The lemonade stall is doing well. We are thinking of getting Art Garfunkel to front the brand. The ad people say he might not be available and would I consider Leo Sayer as a compromise. I will not. They say we could get half of Hall & Oates but they won't specify which half.

I wouldn't mind but it has been one compromise after another. My original idea to have the two policemen from CHiPS arrest Art Garfunkel for drinking "too damn much lemon-freaking-ade" while on the soundtrack Missy Eliot freestyles about lemonade over Garfunkel's 1976 number one single Bright Eyes has been diluted to Reg from the Bill cautioning Leo Sayer while MC Tunes raps over Leo's 1978 number 22 'smash hit' version of Buddy Holly's Raining In My Heart.

I can't help feeling my vision has been lost in the interpretation.

No comments:

Post a Comment